List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Address database for press contacts
From:       Fabrice Mous <fabricemous () xs4all ! nl>
Date:       2003-04-23 13:02:25

Op dinsdag 22 april 2003 17:30, schreef Charles de Miramon:
> Le Mardi 22 Avril 2003 08:05, Bas v.d. Wiel a écrit :
> > I'm also working on designs for dutch promotional
> > material like business cards, letterheads, shirts, mugs, caps, pens..
> > things like that and exploring ways to get the production of these items
> > funded in ways that don't contradict the open philosophy of KDE. So yes I
> > got off my butt and am doing things that I consider useful.

Please contact me because there is already some stuff done here. Also how do
you plan to distribute and how will you collect the money? For myself I
attend several lugs in Belgium and Holland and also some events in both
countries. I agreed with KDE eV. (they hold the name KDE) that I need to keep
a cashbook. (you can ask Eva also)

> I think another Dutch, Philipp Mouss (is my spelling correct ?) already has
> done some work for producing promotional stuff (T-Shirt, etc...) for KDE
> Netherlands.
Fabrice Mous that is :-))

> He used to be on the list...
and still is ...

> You should also contact Rinse de
> Vries (http://people.kde.org/rinse.html) as he was also active in promotion
> of KDE in the Netherlands. If you could coordinate with the other, the
> better. The best way in my opinion is to create a KDE-Netherlands/Flemish
> association, it is also more fun when you can meet other KDE Fellows face
> to face...

I'm all for it. Maybe I should say that I want to register KDE as an
organisation within the Netherlands. (KvK) This way KDE is a visible entity
in Holland and makes it easier to collect money for. What to do with the
money is still a point where I do not totally agree with KDE eV. But for now
I agree to report back to KDE eV what I have sold and what I keep in cash.

> The article for the Consumentenbond is a great idea. Even, if they don't
> take it it will make a very good basis for a Press Dossier in Dutch.
> Journalists are lazy and prefer to copy already baked information.
>
> All in all, welcome onboard Bas.
>
> Cheers,
> Charles

grtz'