List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo]  License for kdepromo Addressbook Data and LDAP
From:       Charles de Miramon <cmiramon () kde-france ! org>
Date:       2003-04-21 19:04:22

Le Lundi 21 Avril 2003 18:55, Mark Bucciarelli a écrit :

My opinion is that the data should be only accessible to a limited number \
of  persons with a password. We don't wan't commercial entities to spam our \
 precious press contacts.

If I wan't press contact in France, I could e-mail you my request and you
would send me back the data in a common format. That way, you can filter
rightfull and wrongfull use of the database.

> Now, on to a more complicated issue.
>
> What license should we use for the addressbook data?

There are also some legal problems. In France, we have an anti-Big-Brother \
law  and the creation of nominal database must be registered to a State \
Agency  (the Commission Nationale Informatique et Libertés) and you must \
give certain  rights to the person you register in your database. There are \
certain  informations that you are not allowed to collect (except if your \
are the  Police or have a special permission) like ethnic origin, religion, \
 philosophical or political opinions, criminal record, Social Security \
number.  But I guess, we won't collect these kind of information.

If the database is located in the US, I guess the law is more lenient.

Cheers,
Charles
--
cmiramon@kde-france.org