List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo]   WSJ Strikeout and TypeHeads [LONG]
From:       Charles de Miramon <cmiramon () kde-france ! org>
Date:       2003-04-21 15:31:12

Le Lundi 21 Avril 2003 16:37, Bas v.d. Wiel a écrit :

> What's difficult about the structure of such an address book? It's not
> like there are zillions of different media out there that are
> interesting to KDE. If there's any way I can help, let me know.

Chris was just saying that we have already had volunteers to create different
Web infrastructures (like entreprise.kde.org) but after that very few people
to fill these infrastructures. I guess it is because most of the people that
comes here are programmers (or would-be programmers) and like to ponder if
they should use BSD or Linux, Apache or Zope, spend a week evaluating the
different content management solutions, tweak some nice template in CSS2, but
are much less eager to write content.

The question, you can ask yourself. What is the best for KDE PR. Spend two
days configuring your server and Open LDAP or spend two days to write an
article in Dutch about KDE.

Speaking about the Netherlands, I've read somewhere that the Dutch Consumer
Association (http://www.consumentenbond.nl) gave a positive review of KOffice
but I can't find anything on their website. It would be a useful PR task to
try to find who is responsible of the Digital department in the
Consumentenbond and send him (or her) a KDE-Knoppix and informations about
KDE in Dutch to show him (or her) our progresses.

In a very cost conscious country like the Netherlands, the Consumentenbond
buying guides are widely read and reach a different audience than the
Slashdot crowd.

Cheers,
Charles

--