List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo]  Re:  Re:  Re:  Re:  Re:  WSJ Strikeout and
From:       "Bas v.d. Wiel" <bas () kompas-media ! nl>
Date:       2003-04-21 14:37:07

On Sun, 2003-04-20 at 11:17, Chris Howells wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Sunday 20 April 2003 00:56, Mark Bucciarelli wrote:
> > I will, once I've built the structure.  I think this is a necessary
> > (and very basic!) tool for good promotion.
>
> I would agree, just finding people to do things is always the difficulty.....

What's difficult about the structure of such an address book? It's not
like there are zillions of different media out there that are
interesting to KDE. If there's any way I can help, let me know. I have a
spare box here on a fixed IP and some bandwidth (256Kb/s) that I could
dedicate to this purpose. It's a PII 350 with 320MB of RAM and a 20GB
disk. More than enough for a database of addresses and a webserver that
sees mild amounts of traffic I'd say. Let me know and I'll set it up
with FreeBSD, a DB and a webserver. That should take care of physical
infrastructure, at least to begin with. We could always mirror the
contents if traffic gets too high.

Bas