List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] LWCE 2003 in SanFrancisco
From:       Scott Wheeler <wheeler () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-04-18 21:24:37

On Friday 18 April 2003 23:12, Christopher TenHarmsel wrote:

> I just received an email from LWCE about registering (myself, not KDE) for
> the
> conference coming up this August (I was there last year).  I know it's a
> little early at this point, but it's not too early to start thinking about
> what we should do.  Last year there was some controversy with RedHat and we
> were on pretty good terms with SuSE, and I think this year that it'd be a
> really good idea to start some sort of communication early with both RedHat
> and SuSE about the conference, but also to think about if anyone else wants
> to help us out with the booth (I'm assuming we'll have a booth...), or
> anything else LWCE related.  It'd be really nice to be able to show some
> sort of corporate backing or relationships at the even (I think so anyway),
> and increase our presence in any way possible.

Charles has typically organized this and believe intends to again, however I'm
not sure he's on the list.  I think I remember that there's been some
frustration in getting backing in the past, but possibly that could be worked
out this go-around.

Charles, thoughts?

-Scott

--
It may be true that you can't fool all the people all the time, but you can
fool enough of them to rule a large country.