List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo]  Re:  Re:  Re:  Re:  Re:  WSJ Strikeout and TypeHeads
From:       Oswald Buddenhagen <ossi () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-04-15 14:18:59

On Tue, Apr 15, 2003 at 02:43:59PM +0100, Chris Howells wrote:
> I suppose a better method would be to have the form data inserted into
> a MySQL database

and this is where my generic "persons related to kde" database strikes
in.

> Somehow though you'd have to get a mechanism in to decide who should
> be included and who shouldn't

this would be covered by the database as well. there would be
"occupation flags" like "coder", "translator", "doc-writer", "promoter"
(subcathegory "official press contact"), "bug-reporter" (provided it is
decided that integrating this makes sense at all), etc.  this status can
be ANDed with the presence of a cvs-account. based on this info several
maps could be generated (what about the idea of zooming certain regions?
i'm sure neil is full of enthusiasm to implement it :)).
not that this would make setting the status of "outsiders" properly any
simpler, but at least the "obviously authorized" persons would be "in"
automatically if they care to set their coordinates.
as for the addition of outsiders to the database ... as one of my main
ideas behind this database was helping organizing physical meetings
(call it promo, if you like ;), people with a "justified interest" (like
"want to drive to linuxtag and have free seats in the car" ;)) should be
allowed "in".

greetings