List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Re:  Re:  Re:  WSJ Strikeout and TypeHeads [LONG]
From:       Navindra Umanee <navindra () cs ! mcgill ! ca>
Date:       2003-04-15 3:49:19

Neil Stevens <neil@qualityassistant.com> wrote:
> > Sorry for the late response, but speak for yourself please.
>
> Oh sorry, all hail George Staikos, without whom KDE would be a fvwm theme.

You might not take pride in your own work, but other people do.  And
*everyone* who contributes to KDE help makes the project what it is,
whether they are European, North/South American, African, or whatever.
I've said it before and I'll say it again...  if you think you can do
better than George, Mosfet, Charles, I or anyone else, then go ahead
and do it!  KDE still wins, whether you are European or not.

So what makes KDE intrinsically a European project?  It was founded
and initially developed largely by Europeans -- sure you made your
point and nobody disagrees -- but KDE is still 100% an international
effort and welcomes any and all.  Contributions are received from any
and every where.

I'm not saying lie and say that KDE was written by Al Gore or anything
like that -- not at all.  All I'm saying is that it may be beneficial
to make KDE more palatable to American companies, users and
developers.  If this means thinking the American-way, that is,
marketing the American-way to Americans or addressing American
concerns or targeting functionality that the American market needs --
then so be it.  This only makes KDE stronger, not weaker.

So if strong-feeling Americans want to boost KDE usage and development
in their own country, then by all means they have my support.  If
someone has a master plan for KDE-America.org: look no further, we've
got the server space.

Anyhow sorry for the interruption, carry on folks.

Later,
Navin.