List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Re:  WSJ Strikeout and TypeHeads [LONG]
From:       Navindra Umanee <navindra () cs ! mcgill ! ca>
Date:       2003-04-11 11:18:41

Neil Stevens <neil@qualityassistant.com> wrote:
> Why would you attempt to demolish a truthful perception?  KDE is mostly
> made by Europeans.  It was founded by Germans, it's cvs is hosted on a
> German company's server, its developer meetings take place in Europe, it's
> built on a Norwegian library, its web server is on a Norwegian company's
> server, and the old worldwide.kde.org developer map showed most of its
> dots in Europe.

And what are you?  How does your work make KDE a European product?

All I'm saying is that it may be beneficial to make KDE more palatable
to American companies, users and developers.  If this means thinking
the American-way -- marketing the American-way to Americans or
addressing American concerns or targeting functionality that the
American market needs -- then so be it.  This only makes KDE stronger,
not weaker.

We must be doing something wrong if Americans are not using KDE
because it is a "European product".

Later,
Navin.