List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Can I help? (don't flame at my X-Mailer header
From:       Fabrice Mous <fabricemous () xs4all ! nl>
Date:       2003-04-10 22:12:43

Op donderdag 10 april 2003 23:40, schreef Bas v.d. Wiel:
> Hello,
> This list is suddenly springing to life, or so it seems. I've been
> looking at it for a few weeks to see what it's like. I use KDE in my
> daily work and have been contemplating on ways to contribute it for some
> time. I can't write code, but I do have press contacts here in Holland.
> I'm a journalist by profession and have written for computer magazines.
> Sadly not the kind that would plug KDE or alternative OS'es, but a lot
> of people I went to college with landed jobs at different tech magazines
> and websites with tech sections. Currently I freelance for Dutch public
> television sometimes, and run my own business as a designer/copywriter.
> Is there anything I could do to lend a hand in KDE promotion? Dumping
> Evolution for my email needs would be a good start I guess.. ;o)
>
> I hope to hear from you..
>
> kind regards,
>
> Bas
>
> PS. I do have a business to run next to any KDE-promoting, so I hope you
> don't expect me to be available instantaneously or at all times.

Bas,

It is nice to see your "shout-out" on the list. The traffice at this list
varies indeed a lot. Last time it sprung to life was about attending events
in North-America I think.

Anyway, 1,5 year ago I started to help the dutch KDE translation team. And I
was asking Rinse de Vries <rinse@kde.nl> why KDE was not represented at
events like LinuxExpo A'dam and other events. Time and money seemed to be the
biggest problem (short version).

Beside doing dutch KDE translations I started this little kde promo initiative
by attending events like linux@work, HCC-dagen, NLLGG-bijeenkomsten but also
visiting some (l)ugs like L4L and Wireless Leiden.

I also started to buy some merchandise which I could sell during
events(kde-pins, shirts, polo shirts, cd's) Also I have some nice contacts
with HUB(uitgeverij), NLLGG,C'T, J.Baten(i2rs), nedlinux and munnikes.nl.

I would really want to invite you to help kde-nl, we could use some people to
get some more stuff done for kde-promo in The Netherlands.

Please contact me if you are interested,

Fabrice

--
Fabrice Mous
fabricemous@xs4all.nl