List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] WSJ Strikeout and TypeHeads [LONG]
From:       <cmiramon () nerim ! net>
Date:       2003-04-10 21:34:06

Christopher TenHarmsel <tenharmsel@staticmethod.net> a écrit :

> I'm here, I'll help out anyway I can :)

I think a good first step for the US would be to create a American KDE-Club for \
developpers, users and promotors. Then, you could do publicity to create sections for \
each US big city. The KDE-League has failed and I don't think there is today enough \
money to have a professional PR in the States. What we are missing is a grass-root \
organization.

In France, we have KDE-France, a non-profit organization with volunteers to staff \
Trade shows and answer journalists (we have not got many calls !!)and let David \
Faure, the official representative program.

You don't need to be an expert, or a member of the 'mythical' core team to be able to \
'sell' KDE, just to be passionate about it.

On the topic of our competition with Gnome, we just have to wait that Ximian venture \
capital money dries up and we will be on a equal footing and we will see who win.

We can have more guerilla PR tactics. Stephane Renard has a good trick :

- Get up early
- Open your boss notebook
- Insert a KDE-Live CD in the CDRom
- Be around when your boss fire up its notebook, ready to explain him who it works.

Cheers,
Charles