List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] WSJ Strikeout and TypeHeads [LONG]
From:       Christopher TenHarmsel <tenharmsel () staticmethod ! net>
Date:       2003-04-10 21:16:12

Sorry in advanced if this is double posted...

On Thursday 10 April 2003 16:28, LEFEBVRE Herve wrote:
> *BUT* I would just say that it's much easier for an american newspaper to
> talk about an "american product" (gnome). An european product whoul'dnt be
> so interesting for american readers.
>
> In the same way, I think europeans newpapers should prefers talk about KDE
> rather an "american product".

I think that this should be a primary (or at least secondary) goal of promo,
to dismantle the image that KDE is a "European" product.   I'm not saying
it's a US product, or a Chilean product, but that it's an Global Open Source
product, which I think is _definitely_ one of it's strengths, but for each
country in particular it's probably good to stress that country's involvement
when doing promo in that country, but also to remember that it's a global
effort.

-Chris

--
Christopher TenHarmsel, KDE Developer