List:       kde-promo
Subject:    [kde-promo] Fwd: Re: [Ltsp-discuss] NX Project Announcement
From:       "Kurt Pfeifle" <kpfeifle () danka ! de>
Date:       2003-04-01 21:59:49

Hi,

this is an outline of the plans of "NoMachine" for their NX technology.
Some of you have already "testdriven" it. It is a very, very fast
remote X application (plus VNC/RFP, plus rdesktop/RDP), even over slow
connections (achieving its advantage through some clever compression and
caching technology).

All the core libraries and developements by them are released under
GPL. Here they explain, what their business model is (after all they
are a company and want to make a living) and what they are offering
to interested Free Software/OSS projects, who want to build their own
GUI frontends on top of the same technology.

Please consider to "testdrive" NX to see with your own eyes if you
haven't done it yet:

   http://www.nomachine.com/testdrive.php

I think this is a brilliant opportunity for KDE (and GNOME, and LTSP,
and Linux, *BSD etc. in general) to gain important ground in the
struggle for the enterprise desktop.

It would be great if someone could tackle the task for 3.2 already,
and implement a KDE-frontend to the NX technology.

Cheers,
Kurt