List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] (fwd) NX Project Announcement
From:       Martin Konold <martin.konold () erfrakon ! de>
Date:       2003-03-31 19:57:51

Am Montag, 31. März 2003 20:59 schrieb Kurt Pfeifle:

Hi Kurt,

> > Sorry, to correct you but I am aware of _many_ installations according to
> > this model in the banking and telco business.
>
> OK. Didn't knot this.
>
> Do they also work over  WAN and ISDN like this? Or is it only (100MB?)
> LANs?

They are typically using 10/100 MBit Ethernet in LAN like environments
consisting of switched and routed networks.(sometimes also 4/16 MBit Token
Ring)

I just did a project at a bank where Linux/XFree86/KDE-3.x on recent hw was a
little bit slower than 7 years old DEC HW running True64.

Regards,
-- martin

Dipl.-Phys. Martin Konold

e r f r a k o n
Nobelstrasse 15, 70569 Stuttgart, Germany
fon: 0711 67400963, fax: 0711 67400959
email: martin.konold@erfrakon.de