List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Promo with Knoppix
From:       Kent Nguyen <kent () mslinux ! com>
Date:       2003-02-13 0:29:11

On Wednesday 12 February 2003 15:01, Duncan Mac-Vicar Prett wrote:
> El Wednesday 12 February 2003 14:54, Kent Nguyen escribió:
> > > The beta release of KnoppixKDE seems to be doing it's job in terms of
> > > KDE promotion :)
> >
> > Works great for me.  When do you think the final will be?  Because I
> > think your KnoppixKDE ISO should be posted on the dot.
>
> its amazing, I burned 5 copies I will be sending, with a nice printed
> letter to some CEOs of big companies I have contact here, I will print the
> CD cover with a CD-R labeling kit I have, although I ignore if KDE e.V
> provides things like Knoppix CDs to KDE official representatives, if that
> is possible, I would like to know how to request more CDs since I would be
> able to do a more big promo word distributing it also to medium business
> firms...

I think Duncan is onto something big with KDE promotion.  My previous attempt
to get people to use KDE was to install a distribution like Mandrake, SUSE,
Redhat, or name-your-favorite-distro.  I didn't get much response ... and
when I followed up on those people I gave Mandrake CD to, they said they
didn't have time to install it, and some I saw them putting my Mandrake CD on
the wall of their cube to make it look pretty *grin*.  I made a second
attempt just a few days ago with eadz's KnoppixKDE CD.  This time around, all
of them gave me a response!  And the response was "Wow", "How much?",
"Free?", "I'm amazed", "Great rescue CD", "How does this free software
development work?".  I get a kick seeing all these people eyes dilating. :)
They think it's a miracle!

I would be happy to donate to a KnoppixKDE CD fund, but would like it to be
distributed in a most effective manner.