List:       kde-promo
Subject:    [kde-promo] default_gears.jpg ( and KnoppixKDE )
From:       Eaden McKee <email () eadz ! co ! nz>
Date:       2003-02-06 9:01:05

Hi there,
I am wondering where can I get the source files for default_gears.jpg. I think
it's a great image, and I'm looking for the povray or whatever source files.

Also, I have been working on a KnoppixKDE ( with kde 3.1 ) and have a beta
release.. I thought this might be of interest to the kde-promo list.

FEATURES -
* Full kde 3.1 install (woody debs - every one of them I could find )
* Full KDE 3.1 development environment  e.g. qt-designer, kdevelop, -dev
packages.
* new isolinux boot loader with a  memtest cheatcode ( runs memtest86 ) and
 localboot cheatcode ( boots from hard disk - e.g. windows or linux)
* suse/mandrake style framebuffer bootup ( text scrolls on top of framebufer
image - very sexy! )
* intergrated persistant home - so if you already use persistant home, it
would be a good idea to back up your .kde directory just in case there are
incompatibilities with kde 3.1 . If not have a look at the persistant home
files in /cdrom/KNOPPIX/knx_persistant_home
* 460M - quite large sorry, but there are a lot of kde 3.1 apps
* few extra programs such as distcc, mozilla, gimp, apart from that it's
mostly just KDE.

BUGS:
forgot to do one thing. and thats run kappfinder. the k menu needs updating,
e.g. apps like the gimp aren't on the menu. The other known bug is sometimes
you get the "X" corsor, i don't know why and would like help working this bug
out. It's not an offical knoppix release of course, just a remaster. I think
the KNOPPIX with 3.1 will come out in a month or so.

http://www.knoppix.net/mirror/KnoppixKDE.iso
md5
0714208c5194d094c385747aa35759c7 KnoppixKDE.iso
I _really_ need a mirror, so if anyone can mirror this I would be exteremly
grateful. Any bugs or sugestions please email me ( or post on this list )

Best Regards
Eaden McKee