List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Re: [Important] When talking about Aegypten or Kroupware on fairs or to the press,..
From:       Mark Bucciarelli <mark () easymailings ! com>
Date:       2003-02-04 22:30:22

On Tuesday 04 February 2003 2:15 pm, Marc Mutz wrote:

> Sadly, you snipped the part of my mail that explains that _regardless_
> of how _we_ think about governmental funding of Free Software, it's
> likely _not_ what current laws have to say about it.

I cut that out b/c it is so obviously true.  However, I saw a distinction
between the two points you made.

One component of promotion is changing how people think about software, and
clearly communicating how it is different from a physical property.  You can
still work within the law and articulate these differences at the same time.
To do so in a gentle but consistent way will help in the long run.

Realistically, the much larger component of promotion is Free Software's low
cost, compatibility, reliability, and security.

I think we agree more than we disagree.  I realize I'm picking nits, so I'll
stop now.

Cheers,

Mark