List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Fwd: Re: [debian-knoppix] prepare KDE 3.1 integration in Knoppix
From:       Laurent Rathle <lrathle () teaser ! fr>
Date:       2003-01-29 14:31:04

Le Mercredi 29 Janvier 2003 06:51, Mark Bucciarelli a écrit :
> Yes, basicly that. However, Knoppix uses a mix of testing and unstable and
> stable( ? ), and the 3.1 packages released for debian are for woody only.
> They will not install smoothly, but you may be able to get them going. The
> debs for unstable will be out reasonable soon, with a gcc3.2 compiled X,
> qt, and kde 3.1.

I'm also trying to remasterize Knoppix with KDE 3.1 for Solution Linux in
Paris. Funny thing is that I have installed Knoppix on my hd and the only
problem I had with KDE 3.1 was kdesdk package wich had broken dependencies.
Next morning I tried the same thing in a chroot repertory and I had a lot of
broken dependencies.

> b.t.w. Klaus, there are lots more programs for kde that weren't there
> before. If I make a remaster that is _Just_ kde 3.1 + kde3.1 apps, I get to
> 300M total, so you'll have to make some tough decisions on what stays and
> what goes :)
> These are the debs I use,
> http://ktown.kde.org/~nolden/kde/dists/woody/main/binary-i386/ which have
> lots of extra programs, and aegypten stuff as well.

I want to do a thing like that and try to change the menus as well.

--
lrathle@teaser.fr