List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] KDE Presence in America
From:       Fabrice Mous <fabricemous () xs4all ! nl>
Date:       2003-01-27 23:54:10

Op maandag 27 januari 2003 15:07, schreef Navindra Umanee:
> Fabrice Mous <fabricemous@xs4all.nl> wrote:
> > So I propose to make a montly summary of all kde-promo activities
> > (something like "KDE CVS Summary" we read from Derek Kite)
> >
> > Possible newtopics would be:
> > * news about the discussion of a embroiderd logo on poloshirts (this is
> > happening)
> > * Duncan Mac-Vicar Prett's talk & presentation to executives in a big
> > firm here in Chile
> > * Coming Expo in Paris
> > - Coming event FOSDEM
> > - new french localized KDE-flyers
> >
> > but also:
> > - dramatic absence of KDE at LinuxWorld Expo
> > - etc ...
> >
> > I think this will get people informed about how bad or how good the state
> > of the promotional activities are. I hope some people, developers as
> > non-developers ..say .. uh .. users :-))  will stand up and will help us
> > to promote this desktop. Something like "Go to your local LUG to show KDE
> > 3.1" and we place this nice little report from this LUG on the "monthly
> > kde-promo zine"
> >
> > How about this idea?
>
> Sounds great!  I think you are quite right, this problem needs to be
> attacked from a grassroots level at this point.  We obviously can't
> act like a company with glitzy resources, so it's time for another
> angle.
>
> I like it.  So you think you could produce monthly reports?

yes,

I think these reports should be archived at promo.kde.org or events.kde.org.
Anyone interested in helping me with this? I'm planning to make a first
edition on 15th february (after FOSDEM) Stil this doesn't solve the issue of
not having KDE-presence in America on a short notice.

I think the whole promo-thing needs an overhaul ...

Fab

PS to be very clear on this  ... we will not let Rob Kaper migrate to NA :-)