List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: Re: [kde-promo] LWE New York 2003 - Call for Volunteers
From:       Matthias Kalle Dalheimer <kalle () klaralvdalens-datakonsult ! se>
Date:       2003-01-14 7:13:09

On Tuesday 14 January 2003 01.00, Zack Rusin wrote:
> Matthias Kalle Dalheimer wrote:
> > On Monday 13 January 2003 23.12, Andreas Pour wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Geoge Staikos and I have arranged for a booth at LWE, which will take
> > > place
> > > Jan. 22 through Jan. 24.  This should be an exciting show - the LWE
> > > people tell me this is the best attendance yet, plus the 3.1 release
> > > *should occur during the show* so we should have lots of interested
> > > people around.
> > >
> > > We would be very happy if some of you can join us for the show and help
> > > spread the word about KDE.
> > >
> > > Both George and I are flying in - if anyone is local or can drive in and
> > > provide a desktop system (incl. monitor) please let us know, even if you
> > > can't attend the show.  I will be arriving the afternoon of Jan. 21.
> >
> > I'll be at the O'Reilly booth on Friday (Jan. 24) morning, signing books.
> > I am not sure how much time besides the signing session I will have for
> > the show at all (I will only be in NYC for about 30 hours), but if I do,
> > I will step by.
>
> That's funny because today I emailed this list asking if anyone was going (
> I wasn't subscribed so the message awaits moderator approval :) ).
>
> I'll be there. Kind of locally. I don't live in NYC anymore, but pretty
> close and during the expo I'll be staying over at my friends place. So I
> can provide local transport for interested developers and organize night
> out ( read as in : bar tour ;) ). Just tell me where are you staying and
> how you'd like to meet.

I am staying at the New York Marriott Financial Center. Funny, you would
expect this to be one of the most expensive hotels, but they actually had the
best rates of all hotels with DSL in the room. And they are just a few blocks
away from the former WTC, so perhaps people are afraid to stay there. (But:
"The lightning never strucks the same place twice." :-))

I think I have nothing scheduled for Friday evening, so I'd like a night on
the town. I'll be at the O'Reilly booth on Friday morning. I'll definitely
step by at the KDE booth, maybe we can arrangements there, or just leave a
note there where you'll be.

Kalle

--
Matthias Kalle Dalheimer