List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: Re: [kde-promo] LWE New York 2003 - Call for Volunteers
From:       Matthias Kalle Dalheimer <kalle () klaralvdalens-datakonsult ! se>
Date:       2003-01-14 7:13:09

On Tuesday 14 January 2003 01.00, Zack Rusin wrote:
> Matthias Kalle Dalheimer wrote:
> > On Monday 13 January 2003 23.12, Andreas Pour wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Geoge Staikos and I have arranged for a booth at LWE, which will take
> > > place
> > > Jan. 22 through Jan. 24.  This should be an exciting show - the LWE
> > > people tell me this is the best attendance yet, plus the 3.1 release
> > > *should occur during the show* so we should have lots of interested
> > > people around.
> > >
> > > We would be very happy if some of you can join us for the show and \
> > > help spread the word about KDE.
> > >
> > > Both George and I are flying in - if anyone is local or can drive in \
> > > and provide a desktop system (incl. monitor) please let us know, even \
> > > if you can't attend the show.  I will be arriving the afternoon of \
> > > Jan. 21.
> >
> > I'll be at the O'Reilly booth on Friday (Jan. 24) morning, signing \
> > books. I am not sure how much time besides the signing session I will \
> > have for the show at all (I will only be in NYC for about 30 hours), \
> > but if I do, I will step by.
>
> That's funny because today I emailed this list asking if anyone was going \
> ( I wasn't subscribed so the message awaits moderator approval :) ).
>
> I'll be there. Kind of locally. I don't live in NYC anymore, but pretty
> close and during the expo I'll be staying over at my friends place. So I
> can provide local transport for interested developers and organize night
> out ( read as in : bar tour ;) ). Just tell me where are you staying and
> how you'd like to meet.

I am staying at the New York Marriott Financial Center. Funny, you would
expect this to be one of the most expensive hotels, but they actually had \
the  best rates of all hotels with DSL in the room. And they are just a few \
blocks  away from the former WTC, so perhaps people are afraid to stay \
there. (But:  "The lightning never strucks the same place twice." :-))

I think I have nothing scheduled for Friday evening, so I'd like a night on \
 the town. I'll be at the O'Reilly booth on Friday morning. I'll definitely \
 step by at the KDE booth, maybe we can arrangements there, or just leave a \
 note there where you'll be.

Kalle

--
Matthias Kalle Dalheimer