List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Polo-Shirts: few or many?
From:       Fabrice Mous <fabricemous () xs4all ! nl>
Date:       2003-01-09 11:44:02

[snip]
> > > there is the question wether we produce only a few embroidered T-Shirts
> > > to start with or at once man of them to sell them on many shows.
> > >
> > > If we prefer the small solution, Fabrice would continue with the
> > > company, he already talked to, otherwise I'd prefer the Kernelconcepts
> > > solution. Petra Kirchner <petra@kernelconcepts.de> is ready to prepare
> > > an offering, if we send her the logo proposals.
> >
> > I've send an email to this company on monday, anytime I expect an answer.
> > I phoned them as well on monday.
> >
> > > Fabrice, can you tell us, about the prices for the Shirts at the
> > > company you already talked to?
> >
> > As soon as I know I let it know in this thread
> >
> > > How many Shirts would we need for the large solution?
> > > In Germany we'd need shirts for CeBit and mainly for Linuxtag (which
> > > probably will be combined with a KDE e.V. membership meeting), I'd say
> > > about 100 together, if the design is good.
> >
> > hmm .. okay if we go with Kernelcomncepts .. than the idea of ordering is
> > the same I guess? Contact Petra directly for prices only for KDE crew?
>
> We get the same price whatever we do with the shirts.

You mean by that .. we get them at a costprice?  (isn't clear to me what you
mean).

> Petra also knows a
> lot about how to select colors, so I guess we better send all possible
> designs and the images they were derrived from to her. Do you want to write
> her or should I?

I think it is better that you should, because you are german-speaking as well.
They are a german company, right. I suggest that I contact my dutch contacts
> -) But seriously .. .yes could you please contact them and show them the
logos we now have.

Also I would like to contact Petra for buying some of those kde-pins. I
willing to pay the amount directly to them.

http://www.xs4all.nl/~leintje/kde-nl/K_logo_everaldo4.png

and the logo from Karl Heinz Zimmer

> BTW, at linuxtag the opie guys had really great T-Shirts embroidered with
> there colorful logo. If I remember correctly the price was quite ok, so if
> it's only about 1 or 2 € per shirt we should get the nicer ones. What do
> you think?

Got a design somewhere online of that logo an/or shirt ..

btw you ppl think opie is closely related to kde ?

> Anyways, what we need now, are exact prices ;-)
>
> > Same applies to mousepads and mugs ??
>
> I mailed with here about that and she said, that they get mousepads and
> mugs directly from freibergnet. Since she gave me an email address of a
> person there, I contacted him directly and asked him about a partnership.
> We'll see, what he answeres, but I think, we have a little more time here.
> If we want to get the shirts ready for Paris, we have to hurry a lot.

I think poloshirts have a top-priority right now but I also like the idea that
we can a sort of partnership with Freibergnet.

I talked to the dutch LUG and they are willing to buy some KDE-stuff from me,
like kde-pins (when I have it). This will generate some (not much) cash for
me. Maybe this suggestion would work for others as well.

grtz'

Fab