List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [Kde-events] RE: [kde-promo] logo 4 poloshirts
From:       Fabrice Mous <fabricemous () xs4all ! nl>
Date:       2003-01-07 12:05:36

Op dinsdag 7 januari 2003 12:43, schreef Rob Kaper:
> Note: added kde-ev-membership to cc:
>
> On Tue, Jan 07, 2003 at 10:05:52AM +0100, Philippe FREMY wrote:
> > > I want to embroider some poloshirts for FOSDEM.
> >
> > How many of them do you plan ? Just before the Fosdem, there is the Paris
> > Linux Expo. Last year, we were able to sell 100 T-shirts with the
> > unreleased KDE 3 logo.
>
> AFAIK these polo's are initially for KDE developers only. It is already a
> large investment on Fabrice's part (to have the one time design submitted)
> and as for now he will have to prepay each of the made polo's.

correct

> What kind of funding from the eV is possible for each of the following
> situations?
>
> I suppose a workable deal would be to compensate Fabrice for the one-time
> design costs and a value sufficient to keep a "stock" of 5 or 10 polo's.
> This way Fabrice can make sufficient polo's to sell to developers on
> FOSDEM. Proceedings can be put back into the stock. If we sell the polo's
> above stock price, this would automatically allow for a larger stock over
> time.

I don't need compensation for the on-time design costs, those costs won't get
me bankrupt :-) But a stock and shippping is too expensive .

> Not sure how the polo's would end up in Paris. Well, snail mail might
> work. Please note that polo's are a bit more expensive than t-shirts, which
> makes keeping a stock more hassle for those involved.

That's where we need some "infrastructure" For example I heard Duncan
Mac-Vicar Prett ask about promo-material some time ago. If we can come up
with a way to handle these requests than please let me know. I'm more than
willing to pick up these requests and act on it.

> I propose we experiment with prepaid orders first (using the Paypal
> facilities we have for donations), to be collected at one of the events
> with KDE presence. If this is succesful, it can be scaled (as noted above)
> and we could start offering to ship goods.

Is this the way? Is there no bank-account from the eV where money can be
transferred to from all over the world.

> FWIW, I'm looking forward to wear one of those polo's at FOSDEM. ;-)
>
> Rob

> -)

Fab