List:       kde-promo
Subject:    RE: [kde-promo] ideas for articles
From:       Philippe FREMY <P.FREMY () OBERTHURCS ! com>
Date:       2003-01-06 10:36:38

> dear sirs,
> My name is Siddhu Warrier and I am a BE ( Bachelor of Engineering)
student in his second year. I had
> written to Mr.Andreas Pour about contributing to the kde project by
writing articles. He told me to write to
> you for ideas to write.
> I would thus be greatly obliged if you could give me afew ideas to write
articles about.

	Hi,

We are glad to receive a new contributor. kde-promotion activity has been
quite low on this list recentely. I think we have all found time-eating
projects.

Little remark: there is no need to be formal when talking to us. Politeness
and openness is expected, but the tone of the conversation is more or less
the one of friends discussing at a party.

What is your level of familiarity with the KDE project ? With Free Software
? With other OS ? Do you have any technical background ? Can you program ?

The best articles are written on the topics you are interested in. Are you
interested in specific subjects inside KDE ?

KDE accessibility has seen very interesting developments in the last few
weeks. I planned to make an interviews of all the people involved (which
include poeple from other accessbility projects from Sun and Gnome) but I
can't find the time. If you are ready to dedicate time, we can try to do
that together. I can drive you on what I think is interesting.

Another think that I would like to do is regular projects interview. You can
see my previous interviews in the interview section of
http://phil.freehackers.org/

Because of lack of time again, I haven't done many of them, but if you have
time and motivation, we could try to achieve such interviews on a regular
basis.

An other thing that would be interesting is interviewing CEO of companies
doing business with KDE. That would be Trolltech (already done), Mandrake,
Suse, Klaravalens Data Konsult, ...

	Philippe