List:       kde-promo
Subject:    [kde-promo] Fwd: KDE White Paper
From:       Kurt Granroth <granroth () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-06-09 23:20:40

I am ashamed to say that he contacted me back in April and I still haven't
sent him a reply :-(

Can somebody catch this ball and run with it?

Subject: KDE White Paper
Date: 05 Apr 2002 14:46:52 -0500
From: Dave Richards <drichard@largo.com>
To: granroth@kde.org

Kurt-
	I work for the City of Largo, Florida.  I suspect you know who we are.

	I didn't know where to start, but I wanted to initiate contact with
someone at KDE again and try and find some resources to help with a
technical white paper about how things work here and how everything is
configured.  We have hundreds of people using KDE and Linux everyday.  I
keep getting requests for such a document.

	I have a general idea of how the document would be designed, and how it
would look on the web but do not have internal resources here to spend
that much time on the project.  If you can think of a good resource for
this, let me know and maybe we can all hook up.  We have no way of
compensating this person, so I suspect getting this to proceed will be a
challenge.

Andreas Pour visited us months ago, and seems swamped in his own
matters.  There is a wealth of information here, and it seems a shame
not to get it out for people to see.  I can take photos, shoot video,
and help with technical content, but writing HTML code is way too time
consuming for our resources.

What are your thoughts?

Dave Richards
City of Largo, FL

Kurt Granroth - "KDE -- Conquer Your Desktop"
KDE Developer/Evangelist | granroth@kde.org
http://www.granroth.org  | kurt@granroth.org