List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] promo on a smaller scale ...
From:       Tink <tink () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-03-30 21:08:28

Hi Fab,

At 16:33 +0100 03/30/02, Fabrice Mous wrote in [kde-promo] promo on a
smaller scale ...:
> I'm very well aware that this never can be done alone. I know that Rob Kaper
> (Rinse told me) already attends several events in Europe. So maybe he could
> help me on this matter.

You might want to contact Thomas Zander <zander@kde.org> as well, I
have no clue how well he can give KDE talks but he probably knows
more dutch KDE people. Maybe KDE want to send Waldo over to give a
talk ;-)
Thomas, if he's still located in Enschede might be able to help you
print T-shirts and maybe flyers as well for not too much. We printed
a lot of T-shirts while living on campus. The campus of UTwente does
have its own printshop (drukkerij). I'll be more than happy to help
you with layout or whatever needs to be printed.

> So the question is .. .can kde-promo be  localized ? I personally think so ...

I think it _should_ be. Unlike the US Europe has so many different
cultures and customs that it will be difficul for one central group
in Europe to do all the events/promo planning. I think you actually
need to have resources in that particulary country to be able to get
cheap prints, t-shirts etc.

I know the UK group is fairly active maybe the Netherlands could join
forces with the Belgs, the flemish part of course. ;-)

> Secondly I want to print some shirts to sell on several events like
> LUG-events and put it on ww.kde.nl in the merchandise section. I want to do
> this on a small scale because I'm planning to fund this myself. Rinse
> <rinse@kde.nl> told me there is some kind of license on kde-artwork/logo
> called ldp ? (kind of GPL ?)

As far as I know the use of the KDE logo is free, if I'm wrong
someone please correct me. Here is the link to the KDE logo.
http://www.kde.org/clipart.html

--
Tink