List:       kde-promo
Subject:    [kde-promo] Fwd: KDE on the desktop
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2002-02-26 17:34:19

Subject: KDE on the desktop
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 17:20:59 -0600
From: Steve Waterman <steve@lanpherw.net>
To: faure@kde.org

I just read your interview on CS News linked from Slashdot.

I want to let you know that I am doing what I can to help it get there - for
consumers and businesses alike.  I've been using Linux/KDE now for about 3
months as my only desktop at home.  I'm using it about 90% at work, and for a
Windows System admin, that's quite a feat!

I wanted to tell you that this is the most gorgeous, responsive desktop I
have used and continue to fall more in love with it everyday.  In fact, I
hope, someday, to be a Linux/KDE admin for a company, or a trainer for IBM
(when they make the switch to using Linux/KDE on Debian internally for
desktops.)  Or mabye to help them prepare.

I'd also like to to let you know that I am starting to lend a hand, by
running and maintaining my own server on which I host:

http://www.kdvangelis.net

It has just begun, and as a sys admin, not a web developer, I'm not far into
it.  But the idea is there, work has started, and I am on the ball . . .

Good luck, thank you for such beautiful programming, and I hope you are
visiting my site soon to look for reviews, comments and suggestions, as I
want it to be the largest, most comprehensive site on KDE in the world . . .

Steve Waterman

http://people.mandrakesoft.com/~david/, http://www.konqueror.org/