Hmmm, the project some of us look to for improving KDE PR seems to be making some less than impressive PR moves lately. The huge Ximian/Mono hype (any PR is good PR) resulted in lots of counterproductive negativity for GNOME (or is it?) although Sun is surprisingly unmoved by it all. And now, Sun gets GNOME some Indian developers (http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=02/02/24/1519258) and the reaction is almost 100% negative. WTH? And did anyone see how the GNOME 2.0 beta release was handled? Man, aren't we happy we have Dre now. :) I do however fully expect to hear *huge amounts* of GNOME noise after GNOME2 is out of the doors. On the flip size, there has been quite an increase in trolls on dot.kde.org. It almost seems like a concerted effort. Some guy (joe99, who used to troll the dot as dude13 before) is going around plastering a *huge* essay and various other trolls/obscenities about "KDE Myths" on the dot and elsewhere. At least 4 other individual trollers using various nicks and IPs have been pinpointed. Ironically, joe99's main accusation is that KDE has a propaganda machine, while *we* bitch all day about having no PR. :-) That's all for today's Gnossip column. -N. _______________________________________________ This message is from the kde-promo mailing list. Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-promo to unsubscribe, set digest on or temporarily stop your subscription.