List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Negative feedback about KDE non-openmindednessing erman  Heise-Forum
From:       Navindra Umanee <navindra () cs ! mcgill ! ca>
Date:       2002-02-25 4:04:37

Hi,

Philippe FREMY <P.FREMY@OBERTHURCS.com> wrote:
> No we were not. At least I was not. I was talking about the people here,
> Tink, Navindra, Eva, me, Jono, ... who have already proved they are able to
> commit to helping KDE. Most of us have shown some frustration because of the
> way we can not get more involved in helping.

It's only fair for me to point out that I haven't really been involved
in the kind of promotion you are talking about (promoting KDE at
tradeshows, giving talks etc).  I wish it were possible, but it
doesn't look like it will happen and I don't think I have much to
offer to the KDE League.

On the other hand, I am quite proud when I hear of people like you and
Dre going out and spreading the word.  I enjoy a lot of those real
world reports and observations, so keep them coming.  So far we are
missing reports on FOSDEM and LWE US (there were some comments in the
LWE Paris article).

It's been made quite clear that the KDE League's biggest problem is
manpower and money.  Money is a problem that's hard to solve, and
increasing KDE League's manpower, short of buying it, is something
only you and I can do by volunteering.  Of course, a prerequisite is
that the KDE League welcomes such help and does not discourage it.
Another point, is that one has to consider that it may be more
productive volunteering elsewhere depending on priorities and what you
want to accomplish.  Just stating the obvious.

Later,
-N.