On Thursday 21 February 2002 02:22 pm, Waldo Bastian wrote: > On Thursday 21 February 2002 01:48 am, Eva Brucherseifer wrote: > > And KDE e.V. I know about Martin Konold, Chris Schl=E4ger, Mirko. > > Anyone else? > > The board of KDE e.V. consists of Chris Schlaeger, Kurt Granroth, Mirko > Boehm and Preston Brown. Mirko is the treasurer. > > KDE e.V. has 46 members, /me being one of them. > > > At german expos we so far received and are receiving money by KDE e.V= =2E I > > asked where the money comes from, but I got only very vague answers. > > I also got the information that it is not very much. > > KDE e.V. receives its money primarily in the form of one-time donations > either from individuals or companies. There are some companies that don= ate > a part of the profit on KDE related articles to KDE e.V. (On the KDE > website it is listed when a company promises to do that I believe.) Thi= s > year KDE e.v. also received some prize money associated with prizes won= by > KDE. > > Basically KDE e.V. does not have any substantial source of structural > revenue. Nor is KDE e.V. actively involved in raising funds at the mome= nt. > As far as I know all donations are initiated by the donor. This is true. But keep in mind that there seems to be an agreement that s= aying=20 we are open source and begging for money too loud does not seem to fit.=20 > > Some large donations are listed on http://www.kde.org/thanks.html (I do= n't > which time-frame this covers though, cvs should be able to tell you) Th= ere > are also donors that wish to remain anonymous. It is pretty old. But especially the donators that are not related to=20 companies usually do not want to be announced.=20 > Most of the money spent by KDE e.V. is spent on reimbursing travel cost= s > for developers who attend events to represent KDE. The policy is that > organizers of events should reimburs KDE representatives but in cases w= here > that is not feasible KDE e.V. is usually able to step in. > > To qualify for reimbursement by KDE e.V. you need to send a request to > Mirko for approval before the event takes place. In general Mirko will > reimburse you afterwards after receiving your receipts but if you can n= ot > afford to pay for your travel upfront it's possible to seek for other > arrangements. > > > Well, maybe we should all forget about the idea, to steadily get some > > money by "official KDE" to organize events and to have a transparent > > procedure for this. I think there is nothing intransparent here. Everybody KDE contributor ma= y=20 become a KDE e.V. member. Everybody member may ask for reimbursements and= =20 will get money if the board majority agrees.=20 The board is elected and notified to the public. For unfortunate but=20 understandable reasons, the majority of the board has to focus on other=20 priorities. That leaves me to keep up the job, but at least we get togeth= er=20 for voting before money gets spend.=20 Is that not transparent? Even what I just said is notified to the public.= =20 > > I prefer to see the "official KDE" better organized.=20 I fully agree. And I think KDE e.V. is quite appropriate. IMHO, by still=20 working after quite a number of people are forced to put their time in ot= her=20 projects, it proved that it is of use. And I do not see KDE e.V. in the responsibility to do kde-promo work, sor= ry.=20 This is what the KDE League was formed for. We might pay for expenses,=20 though, despite that our whole budget is too little for the marketing wor= ld. Byebye, --Mirko. _______________________________________________ This message is from the kde-promo mailing list. Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-promo to unsubscribe, set digest on or temporarily stop your subscription.