Neil Stevens wrote: > I've been told of two private, unarchived lists: one that writes press > releases, and one that manages binary packaging. This other one is news The kde-pr list is all but dead and is used (rarely) for PR reviews. All the discussion that used to happen on kde-pr has been moved here (or sometimes the closed dot list), and I'm sure most people will note that I, for one, do not mince words on kde-promo. :-) > to me, but I guess I shouldn't be surprised. The number of lists involved > is almost enough to spark some paranoia, except that 1) KDE is free > software 2) the kde-*devel and kde-cvs mailing lists make clear that > private lists aren't controlling development. I agree. Historically, the kde-private list has existed since the dawn of time and is no secret. Miguel de Icaza was mighty pissed of this when he was still trolling the KDE lists/irc. Of course, Miguel quickly implemented the same thing for GNOME except that it was worse because he closed off the main gnome-hackers list. That changed a long time ago, when gnome-hackers was made public, and they got a proper gnome-private. Later, -N. _______________________________________________ This message is from the kde-promo mailing list. Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-promo to unsubscribe, set digest on or temporarily stop your subscription.