List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Negative feedback about KDE non-openmindedness in   german Heise-Forum
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-02-20 21:04:59

On Wednesday 20 February 2002 07:10 am, Philippe FREMY wrote:
> The biggest problem of KDE is that it depends on very few people doing \
> all the important thing. It ends up with always the same person doing \
> what needs to be done. 2 main contributors to KOffice, 3 developers for
> KDevelop, despite the fact that those are in the most praised KDE
> applications. The same goes for booth organisation. All the success are \
> due to some people devoting their entire time to an event (Gerard \
> Delafond for the Paris Linux Espo). They have no support from KDE itself, \
> in term of help for organisation, equipment, ...

KDE's problem is that only the actual development is well-organized but \
that  we haven't been able to extend that organisation ver well into other \
areas.

In general in KDE things only happen because _YOU_ make them happen. That \
goes  for code and that goes for PR. Unfortunately KDE's lack of \
organisation makes  that people who try to make PR happen are currently \
running into walls.  That's the bad side. The good side is that we DO have \
very commited and  competent people at the moment who want to do these \
things, so I am confident  that by putting the organisation in place that \
allows these people to do what  they want to do, we will end up with a very \
good KDE Promo department.

Cheers,
Waldo
--
Advanced technology only happens when people take a basic idea and add to \
                it.