List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] KDE distibution
From:       Navindra Umanee <navindra () cs ! mcgill ! ca>
Date:       2002-02-20 20:33:32

Eduardo Sanchez <csanche2@calvin.edu> wrote:
> Navindra, this is just a reality check. See this dot.kde.org thread:
>
> http://dot.kde.org/1013639318/1013642328/1013642856/1013643134/1013643549/1013644563/1013647432/
>
> They can't be robust -and KDE friendly- with bugs like this.

Red Hat's target market isn't the desktop, as far as I know.  At some
point, they switched to that story after the GNOME/Eazel debacle.  Red
Hat has said they are focussed on the server market.

So despite the good job Bero may be doing on the KDE side, I was
thinking in terms of Red Hat's target market being large TTY-only
server boxes running Oracle, Apache, Sendmail, FTP, MySql, and the
like.  Yes, such boxes still exist.  A critical server box tends to
not run things like GNOME or KDE.

-N.