List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Negative feedback about KDE non-openmindedness in  german Heise-Forum
From:       Eva Brucherseifer <eva () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-02-20 12:22:10

On Wednesday 20 February 2002 12:24, Philippe FREMY wrote:
> > http://heise.de/newsticker/foren/go.shtml?read=1&msg=878&g=200
> > 20219jk003
>
> It would be a pity of such an opportunity had been lost in favor of Gnome.

This thing is not in favor of Gnome - actually Gnome never was an option. It
is only about windows. The test was Suse7.3/KDE/StarOffice against WindowsXP
They talk about missing drag & drop capabilites for the users (maybe between,
StarOffice & KDE?) and that copy & paste is not consistent for all
applications.

I didn't read the original paper, but I somehow have the feeling, that the
main problem is the bad integration of StarOffice into KDE.

> Who did they contact, the KDE League ? For Germany, the contact on the
> website is Stephan Kulow. Maybe we should ask him.

No, this was handled by IBM and SuSE. Some KDE Leage people work for SuSE, so
as far as I know, they've been involved. But the main point was, that the
german Bundestag needs a lot of support and that is why SuSE is the better
partner than the KDE League.

Cheers,
eva