List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] news.news.com.com
From:       Eva Brucherseifer <eva () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-02-19 13:04:53

On Tuesday 19 February 2002 12:37, David Faure wrote:
> On Sunday 17 February 2002 01:02, Eva Brucherseifer wrote:
> > And there need to be screenshots by hand.
>
> I suppose you mean "at hand", not "doctored by hand" ;-))

Oh.. yes, of course ;-)

> > After the release for KDE2.2.1 some
> > german reporters contacted us to get screenshots.
>
> Thanks to Rob Kaper, we have updated screenshots at
> http://www.kde.org/screenshots/
> (e.g. http://www.kde.org/screenshots/kde300beta2shots.html)

Wonderful! They look great. Are these screenshots usually linked in the
announcement?

But what I actually wanted to say (oh god, my english...) was, that we also
need screenshots of desktops using different languages. The magazines (at
least the german do so) usually prefer native language. The other problem
was, that the provided screenshots didn't have the right size :-(  (they
wanted to have 800x600). Of course it is not quite our job to make the right
screenshots for all magazines, but on the other hand by doing this, we can
influence what they show to the users.

While thinking about this I had another idea: Wouldn't be a screenshot of an
arabic (or any other non-latin) desktop an interesting thing for promotion in
general?

Cheers,
eva