List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] news.news.com.com
From:       Eduardo Sanchez <csanche2 () calvin ! edu>
Date:       2002-02-17 2:54:49

On Saturday 16 February 2002 19:53, Waldo Bastian wrote:

I like very much the discussion and the ideas. About the title I like these:

> "KDE [Desktop Environment] turns [Unix] Desktop into Gateway to the World"
> "New Desktop for [a] Global World"
> "Global World gets Global Desktop"
> "Global Software [|Desktop] for a Global World."

Also there are two things that need to be stressed in the press release:

1. KDE is developed and supported by a truly global community of developers,
maintainers (translators, documenters, etc) and users. The press would love
to learn that people from, say, India, the Netherlands, South America and
Indonesia (I'm guessing) are putting together this project.

2. KDE has localizations for *too many* languages, many of which wouldn't
even get mentioned were KDE a commercial software. The free (libre) nature of
KDE enables it to adapt more quickly and correctly to new languages and
cultures.

3. Be bold. Say without shame that KDE is the best desktop environment in the
world, because it is. You will not be lying.

Cheers,
Eduardo Sánchez