You know, we've done a bucket of free stuff and it always gets forgotten for some reason. I've spent more time and money on Aethera than any other product in our stable for whatever insanity and now we will give it away. The updated Qt version is done now and we are testing internally. Since I'm the only one here talking about this that has had to deal with the realities of making money at this, I think I'm in a better position to says what works and what doesn't. The biggest mistake I made was funding so much open source stuff early on, I thought it would be a boon to everyone, but it wasn't apparently. As far as the comment on Quanta - I couldn't be more happy with the sales of that product, it's kicking butt now and is the fastest seller in our group of applications, so I don't think we made a mistake there. Sure we are working on a lot of different things, but for the most part we have as many people working on each app as can reasonably work on it, we had some stalls in the middle of this year due to financial constraints and customers that defaulted on contracts with us, so we deal with the reality. We've not raised one outside dime of money at this point and I think we've got a far bigger stable of products than Ximian for their $18 million. If everyone is so sure of how to be profitable in this space, I have yet to see any of you do it. Also, we get far more fan letters than we do hate mail. Regards, Shawn Gordon President theKompany.com www.thekompany.com 949-713-3276 _______________________________________________ This message is from the kde-promo mailing list. Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-promo to unsubscribe, set digest on or temporarily stop your subscription.