List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] wow ximian
From:       Andreas Pour <pour () mieterra ! com>
Date:       2001-12-04 11:27:50

Navindra Umanee wrote:

[ ... ]

> > Well, simply put, theKompany is not as "smart" as Ximian.  If theKompany
> > had kept Quanta Plus Open Source, but added, say, a proprietary plugin
> > for compatability with ASP (but kept the PHP stuff Open Source), they
> > would have fared well too.
>
> Well, I wish they would wise up because I am sick of the "tension"
> between many in the KDE/Linux community and theKompany.

The reason I put "smart" in quotes is that I suspect, having no inside
knowledge, that it has more to do with financing -- i.e., if theKompany
had $19-some-million to burn its way to profitability, it could afford
to take such PC routes as well  IMHO the bigger concern with theKompany
is how many projects they sponsor; I would rather see one great Kapital
and one great Aethera then 10 so-so projects (and personally I think if
theKompany had focused on these projects it would have two much-needed
working products and be a lot more successful now . . . .).

Ciao,

Dre