List:       kde-promo
Subject:    [kde-promo] Re: [ANNOUNCE]: http://printing.kde.org, KDEPrint mailing list
From:       Kurt Pfeifle <kpfeifle () danka ! de>
Date:       2001-12-02 20:24:04

Chris Howells schrieb:

> This is to officially announce the availability of the new KDEPrint web site,
> http://printing.kde.org. There's quite a bit of material on the site,
> including FAQs, documentation, and screenshots of the new KDEPrint framework
> in KDE 3.

Great!
----------------

Hi, Chris,

I am at the moment finishing a new section of the KDEPrint FAQ. It mainly deals
with the questions "Using KDEPrint in non-KDE Applications". There are presently
paragraphs on netscape, Mozilla, StarOffice 5.2, StarOffice 6.0Beta, Gimp, gv,
AcrobatReader and GNOME. (I'll add paragraphs on OpenOffice, Galeon, WordPerfect,
CorelDraw etc. as soon as I have the applications installed; but if anyone knows
the answers already. go ahead and supplement it, please!)

Please check everything for errors. Some sections were written in quite a hurry.
Parts were written from memory. Things might be different on other systems.
Please tell me, if it is so.

Chris, could you please make it possible to soon

 -- a: create a new (separate) heading in the lefthand column for it ["--> FAQ
       --> (General - CUPS - KDEPrint)"]

 -- b: insert my new FAQ files there where they belong (you'll get them in about
       2 hours time...   :-)

Thanks,
Kurt