List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Donations to KDE
From:       Philippe Fremy <pfremy () chez ! com>
Date:       2001-11-13 11:59:13

> It's not very motivational if you have to feel embarresed because you
> do not have the proper equipement you should have to show an award
> winning dekstop. So why not start by setting up a funds for that?
> Maybe do some investigation where a server/laptop would be most
> needed? I know Rinse in the Netherlands was desperate looking for a
> company who could lend them one.

I 100% agree.

It would be very difficult to decide which developer to pay for something
because there are so many developers doing so many useful things.

But showcases are places where money could help: to print some
documentation, to have some big posters, to have a few decent laptop
running KDE to show, to pay travel expenses of some developers.

So hardware could help a lot. It would also be very useful if some KDE
developer could get some unusual hardware to test KDE on it : Sun, HPUX,
...  We could even contact directly those companies to ask them for
hardware to test KDE on it. They don't have many things to lose.

	regards,

	Philippe
--
 « Hmmm... I think I'll continue to call it `` Linux '' »
 - Linus Torvalds (about the appellation « GNU/Linux »)