List:       kde-promo
Subject:    [kde-promo] Donations to KDE
From:       Marco Krohn <marco.krohn () web ! de>
Date:       2001-10-27 23:52:28

Hello all,

recently I visited the freenet project and came across the following page

http://freenetproject.org/index.php?page=donations

I remembered that several people asked for an easy way to spend money to
boost development (e.g. http://dot.kde.org/999851854/) and thought to myself
that this might be interesting for KDE as well.

In particular I like the transperent way all this is handled: the current
balance, the recent donations and what the money was used for are all listed
on the web page. Also "paypal" made a good impression on me (though I have
not used it up to now).

Considering that KDE is _extremly_ popular this should work for KDE too. One
could also think about giving the donator a vote where the money should be
spend on (something like: multimedia, pim, koffice, kdevelop etc.). Details
have to be worked out before of course.

What do others think about this? Is it worth investigating?

ciao, Marco

--
Marco Krohn
Theoretical Physics