List:       kde-print
Subject:    bug: no printers shown when file exists
From:       Marcus Hardt <marcus.hardt () iwr ! fzk ! de>
Date:       2004-10-29 21:41:28

Hi Guys!

I tried, but didn't find a bug tracker. I don't care, since it's not critical.

If the file
 $HOME/.kde/share/apps/kdeprint/printerdb_cups.txt
does exist with zero size, no printers will be shown in the add printer
wizard. This happened to my default user, when installing foomatic on my
debian/(sarge|sid). Removing the file resulted in the proper file, 7.7 M big,
being properly created and my printer working fine.

Thanks for that tool guys!
--
Marcus