List:       kde-print
Subject:    Re: server restart loses printer instances and settings
From:       Michael Goffioul <goffioul () imec ! be>
Date:       2002-06-18 7:34:18

> This is still strange. I have the following new subdirs in kdelibs after a
> fresh check-out:
>
>   kdelibs/CVS/
>   kdelibs/jscript/
>   kdelibs/kdedb/
>   kdelibs/kdetest/
>   kdelibs/kfile/
>   kdelibs/khtmlw/
>   kdelibs/kprint/
>   kdelibs/ksgmltools/
>   kdelibs/kssl/
>   kdelibs/ksycoca/
>   kdelibs/kwrite/
>   kdelibs/mediatool/
>   kdelibs/nana/
>   kdelibs/po/
>   kdelibs/qk/
>   kdelibs/toolbar/
>
> Altogether 56 subdirs, while the previous version had 39 only...
>
> I had often updated using cvs up -dPA (are those wrong parameters?)

It seems you also get empty dirs. In CVS you cannot delete a directory,
but you can make it empty and tell your cvs program to ignore the empty
dirs. This is the "-P" flag. You should use it when you checkout and
update. All those empty dirs should then be "pruned".

Michael.

PS: note that all dirs mentionned above are obsolete, you don't need
them.