List:       kde-print
Subject:    Re: pretty printing from Kate
From:       "Kurt Pfeifle" <kpfeifle () danka ! de>
Date:       2002-06-13 8:58:09

Michael Goffioul wrote:

> Albert Wagner wrote:
>
>>After browsing the archives and docs I cannot see a way to print page headers
>>from Kate using CUPS.  Is this true?  I used to use enscript for this but the
>>archives seem to say that all KDE apps automatically format print output as
>>PS.  Is there some other option I might explore?
>>

> Not from kate directly, and not from KDE-3.0.x. But kate printing
> has been improved: it now can prints an header and a box around the
> text, the header being configurable (in a similar way as enscript).
> This is implemented on CVS and should be available in the next major
> release as 3.1 (don't think it will be in the coming 3.0.2).
>
> In the meantime, you can still print your text file using the command
> line tool: kprinter file.txt. Then open the properties page and
> add enscript as preprocessing filter in the "Filters" page.

The enscript-GUI for preprocessing filter is only providing the most
basic options. You can use the "Command Editor" to complement them.
[I have started to work on a more complete version, but didn't find the
time to finish yet.]

The "Print through external program (generic)" option is aalways an
alternative for commandline geeks who know their proven parameters ...

Cheers,
Kurt   [Hi, Michael, how are you? Was the concert on Saturday fun?]