List:       kde-print
Subject:    CUPS hangs my Control Center
From:       Avi Schwartz <avi () CFFtechnologies ! com>
Date:       2002-05-13 17:47:22

I am not sure what is going on here, maybe someone else has seen this
problem before.

I have a system running KDE 3 and CUPS.  I have a printer connected to
the parallel port of this machine.

I can go into the control center and switch to admin mode and add this
printer.  At this point I have no problem printing the test page.

The problem starts when I now want to use this printer or even just
click on the printer name in the printing manager.  As soon as I do
that, the control center or the printing application freezes and I have
to kill the control center or the kdeprinter process in order to release
the printing application.

Avi

--
Avi Schwartz