List:       kde-policies
Subject:    Re: KDE-policies about "Hotspot" on kde.org main website
From:       Dirk Mueller <dmuell () gmx ! net>
Date:       2004-05-27 17:12:03

On Thursday 27 May 2004 15:28, Kurt Pfeifle wrote:

> Do we rule out commercial ads there?

Since most of our bandwidth and servers are sponsored by community members and
organizsation, it would be imho a bad move to put a banner ad on our main
page, especially when we request donations from our users to be able to
finance the project.

That said, I think there cannot be made a fair decision without knowing who
the sponsor is, how much they sponsor, what the ad looks like etc.

IMHO we can put up a hotspot pointing to a page with akademy sponsors without
any hassle.

Dirk