List:       kde-policies
Subject:    Re: advert on webcvs
From:       Cornelius Schumacher <schumacher () kde ! org>
Date:       2004-02-25 8:42:12

On Wednesday 25 February 2004 08:29, Michael Matz wrote:

> On IRC I proposed a quite strict (and hence easy) rule:
>   no A.kde.org with A != www may have any ad-like thing.  If it's a
>   sponsored server its sponsor gets an entry under
>   www.kde.org/support/thanks.php

I like this rule but would make it even more easy:

"No ads on *.kde.org".

Listing sponsors on the thanks page is independent of this and I don't think
there is any problem with that.

For linking third-party KDE sites we could set up an extra domain like
"planet-kde.org" which could then point to webcvs.planet-kde.org or
themes.planet-kde.org.