List:       kde-policies
Subject:    Re: advert on webcvs
From:       Michael Matz <matz () kde ! org>
Date:       2004-02-24 23:38:42

Hi,

On Tue, 24 Feb 2004, Navindra Umanee wrote:

> Wrong.  Look at the context you're quoting.  I'm not talking about

Sure you were, please reread your own words.  To make this easier I
requote the whole paragraph:

You:
> > > Personally, I'm sick of all these "issues" with hosting stuff on
> > > kde.org.  While I hate ads and want them to go away, I think turning
> > > away stuff like the KDE Wiki, KDE Blog, People Behind KDE interviews
> > > is pathetic.

you of course mix some topics (namely ads and unspecific "issues", one
example being People Behind KDE probably) in this, but you clearly say
that having for instance a KDE Wiki with ads is better than not having
one.  Anyway, then Harri turned the point somewhat:

Harri:

> > Well, similar to KDE applications having a unified look&feel it's not
> > far fetched to seek for consistency among KDE web pages as well.
You:

> This is a sad excuse indeed to turn away KDE Wiki, KDE Blog and People
> Behind KDE!  KDE should really lighten up about that.

I of course assumed you still are of the above opinion and were again
refering to "issues" including ads.

Ciao,
Michael.