List:       kde-policies
Subject:    Re: Unresponsiveness (was: Re: violation of GPL for solaris
From:       Gunnar Schmi Dt <gunnar () schmi-dt ! de>
Date:       2003-11-03 15:13:56

["mail.txt" (text/plain)]

From gunnar@schmi-dt.de Fri Oct 10 16:32:52 2003
From: Gunnar Schmi Dt <gunnar@schmi-dt.de>
To: owner@bugs.kde.org,
 bastian@kde.org
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 16:32:52 +0200

Hello,

Today my brother and I discovered that both the administration of the=20
kde-accessibility mailing list and its bugs.kde.org account have been=20
changed, so that we can no longer change settings.

Let me first describe some histories:

In December 2002, we did not know who the list admin was. In order to have =
an=20
admin who actually reads the mailing list, JP Schnapper-Casteras, who was=20
maintainer of the accessibility project at that time, contacted=20
sysadmin@kde.org and was set to be the list admin.

In February, we decided on the list that all accessibility related bug repo=
rts=20
should be sent to the list. In order to prevent that unauthorized people=20
could hijack the bugs.kde.org account, JP blacklisted owner@bugs.kde.org on=
=20
the list, so no new passwords would appear on the list (and instead be=20
forwarded to the list maintainer). As it did not seem to be possible to wat=
ch=20
the accessibility related products itself, we decided that the mailing list=
=20
account should watch the authors of the accessibility related applications.

In March, the maintainership of the mailing list passed to me, as I had bec=
ome=20
co-maintainer of the accessibility project in the meantime.

Today my brother and I (the two remaining maintainers of the accessibility=
=20
project) decided that the mailing list account should no longer be used to=
=20
watch the developer's accounts (as that resulted in too many non-related=20
bug-mails). Instead we will add the kde-accessibility list as a cc to all=20
accessibility related bugs.

During the attempt to do the required changes for this, we discovered that =
we=20
are now longer able to log into the bugs.kde.org system and that the list=20
admin has changed. We are quite surprised to discover that the list=20
administratorship was changed without contacting the people actually=20
involved.

Is it possible to delete the bugs.kde.org account for the mailing list (as=
=20
cc's are not restricted to accounts) and to add Olaf (ojschmidt@kde.org) an=
d=20
me (gunnar@schmi-dt.de) to the list admins (kde-accessibility-owner)?

Gunnar Schmi Dt
=2D --=20
Co-maintainer of the KDE Accessibility Project
Maintainer of the kdeaccessibility package
http://accessibility.kde.org/