List:       kde-policies
Subject:    Re: KDE CVS Commit Policy
From:       Marc Mutz <mutz () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-05-20 13:17:16

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Monday 19 May 2003 00:01, Cornelius Schumacher wrote:
<snip>
> At http://developer.kde.org/policies/commitpolicy.html you will now
> find the KDE CVS Commit Policy.
<snip>

Sorry for being late, but I've stumbled across this one (currently
missing) rule:

n. If you fix a bug, add a regression test.

If you fix a bug in (esp. non-GUI) code, then, if feasible, add an
automated regression test (TESTS, check_PROGRAMS in Makefile.am) for
that bug. If there's already a regression test, add cases showing the
bug (and related bugs) to the test program. If not, consider creating a
new test. Strive to make the test self-checking.

Marc

--
We notice things that don't work. We don't notice things that do.
We notice computers, we don't notice pennies.