List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] Categories - First Implementation Steps
From:       Mirko Boehm <mirko.boehm () home ! com>
Date:       2001-08-25 0:45:06

Cornelius Schumacher wrote:
> But you still have to delete the indices to deleted caregories in all entries.
The approach will be:
Category indizes will never be reused, and the entries automatically
delete all references to non-existent (that is, deleted) categories.
This way you save to run through all entries to remove the references.
Another approach would be to use hash values for the indizes, I am still
thinking about that.

> Shouldn't the map be an internal detail of the implementation of the
> addressbook and not be exposed in the API? Wouldn't be a set of
> functions like QStringList categories(), void addCategory(const QString &),
> void removeCategory( const QString &), void renameCategory(const QString &,
> const QString &) be enough?
Ahm actually I wanted to explain the approach. The interface will mainly
provide what you listed. You are right, the section should not be made
public. The idea was not to hide it to allow people to use the raw data
too (for any reason this might be necessary), but maybe this is a bad
idea. Will move it to protected.
--
I am wrong.